United Way addresses pressing health and healthcare issues facing communities across the country. United Way and our partners agencies target childhood obesity, health insurance coverage, healthcare quality, childhood immunizations, substance abuse, family violence, oral health or other healthcare concerns voiced by their community.
We’re working to improve the health of the Central Georgia area. We must all become more aware of health risks and the potential effects they have on ourselves and others, starting from before birth. And working to change policies and practices, such as extending health care coverage, will enable more people to live healthier lives.
Partner Agencies that Focus on Health
- American Red Cross, Central Georgia Chapter
- Crisis Line and Safe House of Central Georgia, Inc.
- Family Counseling Center of Central Georgia, Inc.
- Heart of Georgia Hospice, Inc.
- HODAC, Inc.
- Hospice of Central Georgia, Inc.
- Houston County Volunteer Medical Clinic, Inc.
- Macon Volunteer Clinic, Inc.
- Meals on Wheels of Baldwin County, Inc.
- Meals on Wheels of Macon & Bibb County, Inc.
- Meals on Wheels, Houston County Council on Aging, Inc.
- Middle Georgia Community Action Agency, Inc.
- Middle Georgia Community Food Bank, Inc.
- NAMI Central Georgia, Inc.
- Rainbow House Children's Resource Center, Inc.
Free Prescription Drug Discount Cards
Together, with very little effort, and no expense, we can reduce the cost of medicine.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Average savings of up to 30 percent or more, with the biggest discount on generics.
- Accepted at most local pharmacies including major chains.
- Covers all prescription drugs.
- Covers all medicine not covered by insurance, Medicaid, Medicare or other benefit plans.
- No age, income or residency restrictions.
- No registration, activation, paperwork or enrollment. No personal information is collected.
- Card valid nationwide. Can be photocopied for friends, co-workers and employees.
- No cost to United Way, your organization or people using the cards.
- As of February 2010, $46,368 has been saved by people in central Georgia.
GET THE CARD
Click here for a printable card.
For more information, call 2-1-1
Partial List of Participating Pharmacies
For a complete listing, visit www.familywize.org
2013 Allocation Panels
Middle Georgia Community Food Bank, Inc.
Meals on Wheels of Baldwin County, Inc.